The VibraSystems blog is the ideal place to learn more about our products, projects, and plans for the future!
6 Factors to Help Determine the Right Vibration Isolation Solution for Your Business
With a plethora of standard and custom-made vibration products available in the market, figuring out the perfect anti-vibration isolators for your specific business application can be a daunting task.
While shape, size, material, and type of vibration dampeners are some crucial aspects to consider, six key factors can help you determine these design considerations of vibration isolation products.
Here are 6 factors to help you choose the perfect vibration isolator for your business application:
- Moving or stationary components: The complexity of the vibration mounts is determined by the movement of different components in an industrial machine. If the components are stationary, it is much simpler to control vibrations by avoiding direct contact between metal parts. However, if the components move during operation, then we must ensure that the anti-vibration product stays intact throughout the process.
- Weight of the component that needs to be isolated: Another aspect that dictates the design of your perfect vibration dampeners is the weight of your component that requires isolation. Often, the weight of the component along with static or dynamic load applied to the component determines the material of the vibration isolators.
- The number of mounting points: If your equipment or its components are mounted on a base at multiple mounting points, it creates a huge impact on the strength of the material to be used for anti-vibration products. The weight of the component along with the number of mounting points determines the strength of the anti-vibration material. The more the mounting points, the better the weight distribution and the easier it becomes to design vibration isolators.
- Center of gravity: The balance of equipment is decided by the position of its center of gravity. We need to know the center of gravity of the machine with respect to the position of the vibration dampener to design a vibration solution for the best results.
- Source of vibration: Different components of equipment vibrate at different frequencies. These vibrational frequencies control the amount of movement of these components. By identifying the source of vibration, we can decide whether vibration isolation mounts, spring hangers, rubber pads, or any other vibration dampener would work best for your application.
- Environmental conditions: The environmental conditions in which your equipment operates have a huge impact on the material and type of the vibration isolator. If your equipment is subjected to a lot of heat or seismic movements, then you would need a vibration dampener that can function properly in these adverse environmental conditions.
Vibrasystems takes all these aspects into account while chalking out design considerations, and helps you choose the right anti-vibration product for your specific needs. Browse through our catalogue of standard products or give us a call for manufacturing customized vibration solutions.